Picking the perfect frame shape
Picking the right glasses for your face shape is pretty much key to hitting the right style notes. Let’s start with the good news before we go on to help you find that perfect look.
You’ve got an oval face? Well, count yourself blessed! Oval-shaped faces are symmetrical – this means most styles will work! People with oval faces can easily experiment with different shapes, styles and colors than those with round or square faces!
Where to begin? Let’s start with a general style note of use to everyone… what is old is new again! Classic styles from the 50s, 60s and 70s are hot, and we’re seeing a lot more women wearing styles that were historically considered as men-only in the past. We’re going to be recommending on these trends too!
As someone with an oval face, your shape is longer than it is wide with a softly curved jawline. You’ve likely got high cheekbones… and they’re broadly spaced in proportion to your forehead and jaw. Lastly, your forehead is just a bit wider than your chin.
We’d recommend going for styles that are a little wider than the widest part of your face.
So, round glasses are an obvious pick. Complementing your own facial features, round glasses deliver the balanced proportions that set the ideal tone between fun and formal.
Cat-eye glasses add a touch of drama to even the most gently contoured of face shapes. Ever since they first appeared back in the 1960s, cat-eye glasses have been the go-to for countless jet-setters and celebs looking to emphasize high cheekbones. They’re also chicly flattering… especially if you have a long face.
An Aviator frame will go down a storm! Remember we told you that choosing glasses for an oval face gave you the widest choice… that doesn’t mean you have to push the envelope in every case! The classic Aviator is right for almost every face shape too, so don’t overlook it as the ideal complement to your own facial features!
The Wayfarer fits the bill too! With their bold and classic look, the rectangular frame and thicker lines of the Wayfarer will set off an oval face shape’s features perfectly.
Buying tips when choosing glasses for an oval face
1. Oval faces look attractive with glasses because of their evenly placed facial features and balanced proportions, so a pair of oversized (or undersized!) frames might throw that balance out the window.
2. When looking for glasses for an oval face, it’s important to look for frames that complement your face by softening or drawing attention away from its more prominent features.
3. Be bold and experiment with colors… these can add shape and dimension to oval faces too!
4. Make sure that you select the right size according to your pupillary distance and temple width. Ask for advice instore regarding this with a MAGRABi personal stylist!
5. Do your research online and save time for when you’re ready to hits the streets and the shopping malls… you’ll find the widest range of styles available here and details of your closest MAGRABi store here!